2012年6月11日 星期一

2012_06_11 Ravelment n. Entanglement; 糾纏;混亂。

Word of the Day for Monday, June 11, 2012
ravelment \RAV-uhl-muhnt\, noun:
Entanglement; confusion.
Hampered as I was by my well-known connection with the Gillespie poisoning case, I could not personally make a move towards the ravelment of its mystery without subjecting myself to the curiosity of the people among whom my attention of the District Attorney's office and the suspicion of the men whose business I was in a measure attempting to usurp.
 -- Anna Katharine Green, One of My Sons
What I could see clearly, though, was the lower course of the burn: this bisected the small valley and appeared to loop around the far side of the dwelling, partly enfolding it before it broadened out and spread thence through arable to a ravelment of stone and incoming sea.
 -- Clifford Geddes, Edge of the Glen
Ravelment derives from the word ravel which means "to become tangled". It entered English in the early 1800s.

糾纏\ RAV UHL-muhnt\,名詞

糾纏;混亂

阻礙作為知名吉萊斯皮中毒的情況下連接不能親自作出服從自己的人好奇心1實現它的神秘糾纏移動其中關注地區檢察官辦公室懷疑人,他們的生意試圖篡奪措施
- 安娜·凱瑟琳·格林我的一個兒子

可以清楚地看到雖然燒傷當然平分山谷和周圍居住循環出現部分捂著之前,擴大,並通過耕地那裡蔓延糾纏和傳入
- 克利福德格迪斯幽谷邊緣

糾纏源於這意味著“成為糾纏不清的拉威爾在19世紀初進入英語

沒有留言:

張貼留言